Protecting Your Rights Against Gun Crime Charges In New York
The laws regulating gun use, ownership and possession are uniquely harsh in the state of New York. Many violations that might not seem that egregious can result in felony charges and multiple-year prison sentences. Further, a gun crime will stay on your permanent record and be a major hindrance to your life and your future. Fight back against gun crime charges.
At Louis C. Mussari, Attorney at Law, you will find a lawyer who can help protect your rights and interests in a gun crime case. His nearly 10 years of experience serving as an Erie County prosecutor gives him a strong advantage in negotiations and at trial. He knows how the system works, and if there is any way he can get your case dismissed, he will find it. The firm serves clients in Buffalo and the surrounding areas of New York.
Handling All Types Of Gun-Related Charges
Attorney Louis C. Mussari provides strategic criminal defense against charges that include:
- Felon in possession of a firearm
- Criminal possession of a weapon (first through fourth degree)
- Transporting a firearm through New York (New York does not have reciprocity with other states)
- Possession of banned/illegal weapons
- Straw purchases of a gun for someone not entitled to own/possess
- Carrying a concealed firearm and carrying a loaded shotgun, rifle or handgun in a vehicle
- Carrying a gun into a school, college or university
- Firing a gun within 500 feet of a home, church, school or businesses
Depending on the circumstances and the specific crime that you are charged with, you could be facing serious felony sentencing with jail time, major fines and a ruined reputation.
One Mistake Can Be Disastrous
In many instances, the accused simply made a mistake and should not face such harsh charges. For example, someone has a handgun in the glove box of the car. They had it in the car for self-protection, with no intention of using it for anything except as self-defense. Or perhaps they forgot the loaded gun was in the car. But just the same, they are now facing serious criminal charges.
The only choice you have if you want to avoid such serious penalties is to work with an experienced lawyer who knows the system and knows how to minimize the consequences that these charges might have on your life.